Staying on the keto diet while on vacation can be challenging. If you’re in need of keto-friendly options for your upcoming trip to Centennial or Littleton, Colorado, you’ve come to the right place. At Wave The Grain, we’ll be sharing various ways to maintain a keto lifestyle while on vacation. Continue reading below for more information.
When you’re on vacation, the last thing you want is to stress about finding keto-friendly foods. To ensure a relaxing trip, it’s essential to plan ahead and identify keto-friendly restaurants. Here are some tips to help you stay keto during your vacation:
Don’t procrastinate; check for keto options before heading on vacation. Avoid the hassle of searching for keto-friendly eateries after arriving at your destination. Conduct preliminary research online to identify suitable options. Planning in advance can prevent the stress of last-minute searches for keto-friendly foods.
Research the following:
- Find Accommodations with a Full Kitchen: If you plan to stay keto on vacation, consider cooking for yourself. Look for an Airbnb with a full kitchen so you can prepare your meals.
- Check Hotel or Resort Amenities: If you’re staying in a hotel or resort, inquire about the room’s amenities, such as a refrigerator and microwave. Check if there’s a nearby grocery store offering organic foods. Find out if the establishment provides a keto-friendly menu for guests. If this information isn’t available online, reach out to them via email or phone.
- Explore Local Restaurants and Cafés: Research local restaurants and cafés that offer keto-friendly meals. Often, establishments like cafés, steakhouses, seafood joints, burger shops, diners, brunch spots, or all-day breakfast places provide keto options.
- Locate Nearby Stores: If you’ve booked a hotel, search for nearby stores that offer keto-friendly foods.
Purchase Keto Foods
Don’t just rely on vending machines or airline food to sustain your keto diet while on vacation. Finding a café or restaurant offering keto meals to buy ahead and bring with you is crucial for maintaining your low-carb lifestyle on the go.
The type of food you bring depends on your vacation’s nature. Planning a road trip? Utilize a cooler to store your keto foods. If traveling by plane, opt for a couple of pre-made keto meals.
Remember, liquids are a no-go, so use an airtight container to prevent spills on your bags. A backpack filled with keto snacks like cookies, pastries, and low-carb crackers can keep you fueled until you find keto-friendly options at your vacation destination.
Visit a Grocery Store
Upon reaching your destination, check into your hotel and settle in. Visit a nearby grocery store to stock up on keto-friendly foods for your stay. If your Airbnb has a full kitchen, microwave, and refrigerator, take advantage of these amenities to prepare and store your meals. Alternatively, explore grocery delivery services if available, offering a convenient way to save time and effort during your vacation.
Staying Keto While Dining Out and on Vacation
When dining out, asking your server for keto recommendations is a smart move. Don’t hesitate to seek their advice or even request keto-friendly meals from the chef. It’s an effective way to stick to your keto lifestyle while enjoying meals at restaurants or cafés during your vacation.
Exercise to Enhance Your Keto Experience
Remember, staying in keto isn’t just about what you eat; regular exercise is crucial. Burning fats through exercise helps in ketone production. While it might be challenging to incorporate workouts into your vacation, even a morning run can make a significant difference in helping you stay keto and feel better overall.
Intermittent Fasting: A Companion to Keto
Integrating intermittent fasting with your keto diet is a winning combination. If you’ve been on keto for over a month, you’re likely fat-adapted, making fasting more achievable. When traveling to your vacation destination, especially if you’re comfortable with fasting, it can simplify your trip preparations. You can head to the airport or drive without eating, saving time, and have your meal once you reach your hotel or resort.
Embrace intermittent fasting during your vacation by opting for two substantial meals instead of several smaller ones. For instance, have a keto breakfast like fried eggs and crispy bacon, then practice intermittent fasting until dinner. This not only promotes ketosis but also helps you avoid calorie-loaded junk food and snacks, contributing to a healthier vacation experience.
Bring Keto Snacks
Whether you’re taking a plane or embarking on a road trip, packing keto snacks and pre-prepared keto meals is a game-changer. These will keep you fueled on your journey before you reach your vacation destination. Here’s a list of keto snack ideas: hard-boiled eggs, cheese, parmesan cheese crisps, nuts, nut butter, fat bombs, keto cookies, and low-carb pastries.
Search for Keto-Friendly Restaurants
Don’t leave your keto commitment behind when dining out. Check restaurant menus online and call ahead to inquire about keto-friendly meal options. Many establishments offer delicious and healthy low-carb, high-fat meals that align with your dietary preferences.
Here are some tips to consider when eating keto at restaurants or cafés.
- Choose non-starchy vegetables instead of bread or potatoes.
- Order steak, burger, or salad which is a keto-friendly meal.
- Ask the server to use olive oil and vinegar for your salad dressing.
- Ask the server to add butter to your vegetables.
- Drink water instead of sweet drinks.
- Avoid eating sweet desserts.
- If you prefer a burger, you can request the server to wrap the patty using lettuce instead of a bun.
If you are searching for keto foods and you live in Centennial or Littleton Colorado, you must visit Wave The Grain. We are offering keto foods and gluten-free foods. Check out our menu. We also provide catering services for parties and celebrations. If you are interested to know more about our products and services, please reach out to us!
Call our Centennial shop at 303-721-7547 or call our Littleton shop at 720-335-6942. You can send an inquiry email to Kristin@wavethegrain. What are you waiting for? Contact us today! Make sure to choose Wave The Grain to help you with keto foods.